Anniversary Campaign Home | Organizational Supporters | Sample Social Media Posts | Donate Today
The National Coalition for Literacy is currently celebrating 30 years of uniting millions of people who care about improving lives through literacy and increasing our nation’s social and economic well-being. NCL, with its member organizations, brings adult education and literacy issues to the forefront of our nation’s awareness. By making a tax-deductible donation to the National Coalition for Literacy, you are making adult education and literacy an integral part of the solution in advancing our nation’s priorities.
- Provides people with the basic skills and training they need to get and keep jobs with family sustaining wages
- Breaks cycles of illiteracy and poverty, helping adults become more self-sufficient while reducing welfare roles
- Re-engages out-of-school youth leading to paths to brighter futures
- Reduces recidivism and re-arrest by helping inmates lead productive lives once they rejoin the community
- Prepares parents to be their child’s first and most important teachers
- Helps immigrants learn English, understand U.S. culture, and be informed citizens
- Helps adults take better care of their families, improving our nation’s health
The National Coalition for Literacy Celebrates its 30th Anniversary
2013 represents the 30th anniversary of the signature founding event of NCL. That event, the first ever National Ad Council campaign to promote adult literacy, brought the nation’s attention to bear on adult literacy as a major national issue. Since that time NCL has been a steadfast contributor in establishing a national adult education and literacy system in the United States. As part of the 30th Anniversary celebration, NCL is recommitting itself to the founding principles of advocacy, promotion and increased support for adult education and literacy in the United States. Read more.
Like what we’re doing? Help us do more!
By donating to NCL, you’ll help us to :
- Raise awareness of adult education and family literacy through rigorous campaigns, such as National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week
- Elevate adult education and family literacy issues in Congress in partnership with the House Adult Literacy Caucus
- Educate Congress at key decision points that impact adult education, helping them to make the most informed decisions possible
- Develop critically needed resources and tools to help advocates teach the community and Congress about the issues
Your donations help to make this work possible. Thank you for your support.
NCL is an IRS 501(c)3 tax exempt organization; therefore all contributions are fully tax deductible.
Or, if you prefer to mail your donation, please send it to:
National Coalition for Literacy
PO Box 2932
Washington, DC 20013-2932
or by email, write to firstname.lastname@example.org for contribution information.